2025年11月25日星期二

Hong Kong Central icons by night

Hong Kong Central – International Financial Centre



Looking across, from left to right, are the city’s most iconic landmarks: IFC II, Bank of China Tower, Cheung Kong Centre, Jardine House, Exchange Square, Chater House, IFC I, and the Four Seasons Hotel.
I worked in two of these buildings in the '70s and '90s, notably Connaught House and Union House (later known as Swire House) .
Connaught House, now renamed Jardine House, held the title of the tallest building in Asia when it was completed in 1973. At that time, the General Post Office stood directly in front of it, further the north of the GPO, was open water. I guess among my Facebook friends, perhaps only Samuel Lam still remembers that waterfront view.
Swire House, originally Union House, rebuilt after the Millennium and now known as Chater House. When I worked there, it still featured a dedicated lift that went straight to the Taipan’s office — even though his office was on the second floor.
Today, you can still see a similar tradition in IFC II, where a private elevator goes directly up to the 88th floor, the office to the CEO of the Hong Kong Monetary Authority. My office was far below, the 82th floor.

沒有留言:

發佈留言

Fiduciary Duty

法理上, Fiduciary Duty 信託責任,存在於多方面, 例如公司董事、合夥人、會計師、受托人、地產代理等等, 並非單獨是醫生、律師獨有。 但一般來說, 醫生 、 律師和  Fiduciary duty 捆綁在一起。 主因可能是專業知識、信任、利益中性和社會面。 ...