2024年1月14日星期日

Demons behind you

For those that like leisure walks in HK country sides with nearby waters (rivers and reservoirs) during day time between March and May may have found that they are attracted by some tiny little black flying/jumping bugs. They are so tiny that you won't be aware of their existence until they bite. As you open your eyes, you will see plenty of them flying towards you, the situation could be scary.

I bike all year round. Along Tin Shui Path/Avenue on the river side where abundant vegetation found, they fly in swarm or sparsely without patterns. They are particularly active between March and April when the adult females hunt for extra nutrients for their eggs. They can cause nuisances as their bite hurts.
As they have not caused big troubles to human that they have never been publicly addressed. As such you won't be able to find any news on them easily. I spent an entire afternoon on the web searching for it this afternoon. Through various overseas/local media, I finally found an article about them on the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department, but no one single picture about this biting insert is shown. The Department classifies it as “Biting Midges"
I had taken a short video on this biting midges when Covid-19 struck in Spring 2020 when I stayed home. I deleted it after a while as I should not foreseem I would write something on them.
I believe covid-19 had made some changes on our ecological environment. I could be wrong but I think it has. Biting Midges (HK) used to active between March and May. They were absent in 2023. They have come back early this time, starting in Dec 2023 and you can see them around now.
Though not everything, something has changed; and things are kept changing. Be aware, your health, job, pocket, relationship and so on. Do keep an open eye/mind to meet the new challenges while not being sunken by the great wheel of time.





沒有留言:

發佈留言

泰國招財神佛

今日原本寫了一篇關於世人求財及泰國招財神佛方面短篇, 其中有涉及近年的泰國新寵。 原本已經編輯好圖文, 打算發表。 在發表之前, 有些隱憂, 因為「子不語怪力亂行」。 心下有保留, 究竟應唔應該發表, 因為怕有妖邪從中作祟。 正所謂禍福無門, 為人自招。 正當把一切放進 face...